Leadership and University Preparation course in Cambridge University, 7th-20th July and 21st July-3rd August 2019.
This summer, PWS students (13-18 year olds) have a unique opportunity to join an immersive Leadership and University Preparation course at Girton College in world-renowned Cambridge University.
The Cambridge summer programme draws on the rich traditions of the best English schools and universities. The aim is to draw out every individual’s talents and help them fulfil their potential. By attending, learners will develop the skills, knowledge and experience valued by leading universities all over the world and improve their chance of a successful application.
The programme provides:
Full immersion in the university environment – studying, eating and sleeping in the same college rooms used by full-time students in term time
· Inspirational, interactive lectures and workshops taught by Cambridge University professors
· An exciting curriculum covering STEM subjects, such as robotics, raspberry pi coding, astronomy, virtual reality, nano-technology, bio-medical science and marine biology, as well as humanities subjects, such as a business team challenge, performing Shakespeare and debating global issues.
· Integration with British students from 20 Cambridge schools and students from many other countries
· Personal mentoring and small subject-specific discussion classes by current Cambridge undergraduates
· Advice about what admissions staff look for in successful applicants and practical help with personal statements, admissions tests and interviews (15-18 year olds), led by a professional careers advisor from a Cambridge Academy
· An externally accredited leadership award from Sports Leaders UK, which can be included in students’ personal statements as evidence of extra-curricular enrichment
· Confidence, commitment and passion to stand out in the application process.
The all-inclusive fee for 2 weeks is £4200. This covers all the costs of tuition, accommodation, meals, transport and entrances while in the UK, from arrival at London Heathrow airport to departure. Flights, visas, insurance and spending money are not included. A deposit of 20% is required by 10th March 2019 and the deadline for the final balance payment is 13th May 2019.